Sheet pan nachos are so simple! They are the perfect meal to throw together at home when you’re craving a little comfort. This recipe has everything you love about your favorite bar nachos but takes layering to the next level. Every chip gets a little love this way!
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cover a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper (it makes clean-up a breeze!!!).
- Spread a few handfuls of chips out evenly over the pan.
- Sprinkle half of the toppings over the first layer of chips as evenly as possible .
- Cover with a second layer of chips.
- Top them off with the remaining toppings.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
You’re just looking for the cheese to melt perfectly so it won’t take too long. If you want a little extra crisp, use the broiler for a couple of minutes but keep an eye on the nachos so they don’t burn (broilers can be finicky beasts).
I like to add the fresh ingredients like cilantro and green onions after the nachos are done baking. Adds a little extra brightness to the dish!
- Donkey Chips Salted Tortilla Chips
- Block Cheese (Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar & Pepper Jack shredded at home)
- Ooey-Gooey Nacho Cheese Sauce (Recipe Below)
- Pulled Pork (Other great options? Chicken, ground beef, chorizo, steak)
- Black Beans & Pinto Beans (With two generous scoops of Adobo Sauce for heat)
- Diced Fresh Jalapeños
- Chopped Cilantro
- Minced Green Onion
- Guacamole (I use Frontera Spicy Guacamole Mix with four avocados instead of the recommended two)
- Salsa (We keep jarred salsa in the fridge but I love buying fresh salsa from the grocery store as a special addition to our Mexican Nights. Cub Foods makes a great spread of fresh salsas, available in the produce section)
Ooey-Gooey Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1 15oz. can of nacho cheese sauce (typically found in the Hispanic or Ethnic food aisle at the grocery store)
- ¼ to ½ cup Au Jus or Broth
- 2 tbsp chopped green chiles (optional)
In sauce pan, start to heat nacho cheese sauce over low heat. Add green chiles. Mix well.
Slowly add liquid. Mix well. Continue until desired consistency is reached.
Allow cheese sauce to simmer slightly. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
Use spoon to drizzle cheese sauce over sheet pan nachos.